installation - pear syntax error

Discuss everything related to ApPHP DataGrid Wizard utility. All versions. Any questions related to the ApPHP DataGrid Wizard developing or using should be posted to this forum.

Moderators: ne_moj, zewa, vadimako, ne_moj, zewa, vadimako

rainspell

installation - pear syntax error

Postby rainspell » Aug 22nd, '17, 11:56

I recently purchased the product, and the installation worked, but when I try and load the index file I receive the following PHP warnings, and syntax error:

[22-Aug-2017 07:48:31 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PEAR has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/acm/datagrid-wizard/modules/datagrid/pear/PEAR.php on line 85
[22-Aug-2017 07:48:31 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PEAR_Error has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/acm/datagrid-wizard/modules/datagrid/pear/PEAR.php on line 695
[22-Aug-2017 07:48:31 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; DB_Error has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/acm/datagrid-wizard/modules/datagrid/pear/DB.php on line 731
[22-Aug-2017 07:48:31 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; DB_result has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/acm/datagrid-wizard/modules/datagrid/pear/DB.php on line 770
[22-Aug-2017 07:48:31 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; DB_row has a deprecated constructor in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/acm/datagrid-wizard/modules/datagrid/pear/DB.php on line 1089
[22-Aug-2017 07:48:31 America/New_York] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/acm/datagrid-wizard/modules/datagrid/pear/DB/common.php on line 1017

I'm using PHP 7.1.6, and MySQL 5.6.35. Do I need to update Pear, and if so which packages? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thx!

rainspell

Re: installation - pear syntax error

Postby rainspell » Aug 22nd, '17, 12:15

It looks like this is a problem related to the Pear library being incompatible with PHP 7. If I downgrade to PHP 5.6.30 DataGrid Wizard works properly.

rainspell

Postby rainspell » Aug 24th, '17, 12:10

Is there a update in the works? If so, what is the timeline for development?

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Aug 27th, '17, 09:38

We stopped to support PEAR, use PDO instead (paid versions of DataGrid).

Return to “ApPHP DataGrid Wizard {developers/users}”