Tabs withinn tabs

Discuss everything related to ApPHP Tabs. Any questions related to the ApPHP Tabs developing or using should be posted to this forum.

Moderators: alexandrleonenko, Milton

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tabs withinn tabs

Postby administrator » Aug 4th, '11, 06:34

Ok, thanks. We've checked this.
We don't recommend you to use Tabs inside Tabs.
The best way is to create dynamically sub-tabs according to the option you select from the top level of Tabs.

Anyway, we'll check this issue in the next version.
Thank you for the help.

stitcho
Junior
Junior

Postby stitcho » Aug 4th, '11, 13:11

Thanks for your help.
I'll see if I can use the sub-tabs to do this however its going to have an effect on my look and feel of the system as I am replicating a live environment.

stitcho
Junior
Junior

Postby stitcho » Aug 4th, '11, 14:03

Ok I've implemented the sub tabs and that has fixed my problem (thanks).
The issue I have now is that I would like to use different styling for the sub tabs. From what I can see in the code the main tabs and sub tabs use the same piece of CSS which means if I change one it changes it for both sets.

What I would like to do is change the position of the sub tabs (20px margin at top and left) and then put a border around the whole sub tab container. I tried to change the tabs.class.php file and specify a different class but it changed it for both. Any suggestions?

Milton
Senior
Senior

Postby Milton » Aug 7th, '11, 16:25

I would not suggest using sub-tabs for this example. So make it like it was before and then use GET submission type for the external tabs (supportal_wrapper.php file):

Code: Select all

$tabs->SetSubmissionType("get");

and save the 'tabid1' parameter (this is the selected tab id for the external tabs) in the internal tabs (Line_Diagnostics.php and diagnostictests.php files):

Code: Select all

$tabs2->SetHttpVars(array("tabid1"));

Hope that helps.

Return to “ApPHP Tabs”