Email & Save to CSV Functionality

Discuss everything related to JavaScript Auto Form Validator. Questions and requests here.

Moderators: ne_moj, zewa

Email & Save to CSV Functionality

Postby jqwerty on Jan 9th, '11, 01:01

Hi, I'm sorry if this appears to be a dumb question but I purchased the validator and apparently I may not have fully understood the integration this has with other modules offered by this company. In any event, I have a very simple contact form on my website and only wish to add the functionality of email the results and saving the results to a simple text file. I would like to use hidden fields within the form to identify the TO and SUBJ fields. Is this even possible? I've looked through the scripts but could not determine the best location to start coding so rather than messing anything up I thought I would first start here. Again, its a very simple form and creating a SQL database seems a bit overkill but will do what I need. I almost downloaded some of the other modules but again, didn't want to download anything without fully understanding the capabilities.

THANK YOU for your time and hopefully someone could assist - I'm certain someone has done something similar out there.

Jon
jqwerty

Re: Email & Save to CSV Functionality

Postby administrator on Jan 10th, '11, 17:21

. I would like to use hidden fields within the form to identify the TO and SUBJ fields. Is this even possible?

Do you speak about JS AFV?
If yes, the answer is - why not? You may use hidden fields as well.

To exclude hidden fields from validation process, you have to define third parameter as false:

jsFormValidator.onSubmitCheck(document.forms['form_name'], false, false, '.');
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jqwerty on Jan 11th, '11, 16:31

administrator wrote:
. I would like to use hidden fields within the form to identify the TO and SUBJ fields. Is this even possible?

Do you speak about JS AFV?
If yes, the answer is - why not? You may use hidden fields as well.

To exclude hidden fields from validation process, you have to define third parameter as false:

jsFormValidator.onSubmitCheck(document.forms['form_name'], false, false, '.');

Thank you for the response but this question was part of a much bigger issue. Not sure if you read the entire posting but it was in reference to have the results emailed and posted to a text file. Unfortunately, it appears it isn't very simple and the validator (JS AFV) is just a small module of a much bigger one....which is disappointing and not made very clear when you purchase it.
jqwerty

Postby Justinjohn on Jul 27th, '16, 12:01

I feel great, I'm just reading it. It gave me more knowledge.
Justinjohn

Return to JS Auto Form Validator